Why should I confirm my Pregnancy?
A significant number of early pregnancies end on their own in miscarriage. An ultrasound exam can confirm that your pregnancy is in the uterus and is living. This information is helpful whatever choice you are considering: abortion or continuing with your pregnancy.
We can help by providing
We offer a free clinical pregnancy test. This test is designed to determine the presence of the pregnancy hormone, human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG), in urine. The manufacturer states that this test is 97% to 99% accurate 7 - 10 days after conception. As with all diagnostic tests, however, a definitive clinical diagnosis should not be based upon the results of this test alone.
The most accurate way to know for sure that you are pregnant is to have an ultrasound. We offer a pregnancy confirmation ultrasound for those who qualify.
An Ultrasound can assist you in several important ways:
- Determine for sure that you are pregnant
- Determine the location of the pregnancy. A pregnancy outside of the uterus, most commonly in the Fallopian tube, is a life threatening situation. Early detection is essential.
- Determine how far along you are in the pregnancy. (Determine the gestational age of the fetus)
Other services include:
- Information on abortion
- Information on pregnancy and fetal development
- Adoption information and referrals
- STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection) information and testing referrals
- Referrals for other community resources